Company Name: Alliance Insurance PSC
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Job Type: Full-time
Alliance Insurance is one of UAE’s leading providers of premium insurance services to individuals, corporations, and government bodies. Established in 1975, our business was founded on a commitment to excellence by providing unmatched customer service, security, and reliability to our clients.
The Board Secretary position will operate largely independently in handling the responsibilities of providing overall executive-level planning, coordination & and facilitation of work for the Board of Directors to enable them to effectively govern the Company. This position performs administrative work that is often highly sensitive & and confidential. The Board Secretary will handle various assignments delegated by the Board of Directors of the company at the corporate office.
a) Document the Board meetings and prepare their minutes, which shall include the discussions and deliberations that took place during these meetings, and place of these meetings as well as times and dates of their start and end. Register the Board resolutions and voting results and keep them in a special and organized record, including the names of attendees and any expressed reservations (if any).
b) Keep all reports submitted to the Board and those prepared thereby.
c) Provide Board members with the Board meeting agenda of the meeting and the related papers, documents, and information and any additional information related to subjects contained in clauses of the agenda prior to the meetings.
d) Make sure that Board members comply with actions approved by the Board.
e) Notify Board members of the Board meeting dates well in advance of the meeting date.
f) Submit a draft of the minutes to Board members to express their opinion thereon before signing it.
g) Make sure that the Board members, completely and immediately, receive a photocopy of the minutes of the Board meetings, information, and documents related to the Company by following -up to obtain the signature of all attendees on the Minutes of Meetings.
h) Notify the Company executive management about resolutions of the Board and its committees and report on their implementation and application.
i) Support the Board evaluation process.
j) Coordinate between Board members, executives, and the Board’s committees.
k) Regulate the disclosure record of the Board and the Executive Management in accordance with provisions stipulated in this Guide and the applicable legislations and provide assistance and advice to Board members.
l) Verify that the members of the Board of Directors (related parties) do not attend the meeting of the Board of Directors to discuss transactions related to them in the event that the Board of Directors did not decide otherwise.
m) Verify that the members of the board (related parties) do not participate in voting in the transactions made in their favor.
n) Verify that the members of the board (related parties) do not sign the decisions made in their favor.
o) Document all of the above in writing in the minutes of the Board.
- Holds a bachelor’s degree in law or relevant field particularly in business administration, governance, or a related area.
- Preferably to have previous experience in managing secretarial.
- Preferably to have Certification/s such as Certified Board Secretary (CBS) or Certified Governance Professional (CGP).
- Must have a proven track record of administrative and secretarial experience, preferably in a governance or board-related role.
- Must have legal experience and high competence in preparing the Board’s files and follow-up reports.
- Must have an extensive knowledge of corporate governance principles, legal requirements, regulations, and compliance is highly valuable in this role.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Having knowledge of CBUAE, SCA and UAE Authorities rules and regulation.
- Fluent in Arabic & English (both verbal & written) with strong communications skills.
Application Deadline: January 4, 2024
Please submit your resume and a cover letter detailing your relevant experience to email@example.com. Include "Board Secretary Application" in the subject line.